Sunday, May 31, 2009

Logitech Rumblepad 2 - XBOX 360 Emulation


Just recently I turned back to PC gaming, being away from it for oven a decade. Due to the love of the PS2, and the PS2 controller, I decided to get the Logitech Rumblepad 2. But soon like many others I face the bitter truth of almost no game support, this leading me to dig around for some kind of xbox 360 emulation for the rumble pad, and to my surprise I found a really great software that would do the trick.

A search for "XBox360 Emulation v3.0" would point you into the right direction.

Why not just buy a xbox 360 controller, and play all games without any hassle of having to copy this piece of software into the directory of every game you install? Well mostly because I don't like the xbox 360 controller. I'm a dedicated PS2/Ps3 controller fan.

This software will probably do the trick for the PS3 controller as well, I guess I'll find out once I get one. Until then I'm happy with my rumblepad 2.

Not that my setup is especially tuned towards game play, it's decent enough to be at the same level as the ps3/xbox 360. I've got a AMD 4800+ 2.4GHZ, RADEON HD 4670, and it performs very well on games coming out today, for a good price.

Why not get a PS3 or a XBOX 360
?

Well the XBOX 360 is known for blowing up, and I don't want to take the chance, sorry microsoft, you just have to keep your software coming for the PC for me to buy it.

PS3, I might get one just to be able to play the exclusive titles comming out from sony only, I consider sony as the best game developer on their platforms, as they have alway had the very best titles. If sony drops the price under $200, and keeps new titles priced ~$20, then I rushout and get one at once.

Also the price of PC games is a bit more attractive, I can get more for the $$$ I spend, and that is quite important. As there is a few titles monthly that is a great buy, and if what you get is does not live up to the review or demo, at least you got away at a lower price, :)

I'll keep you posted on the games I try, and how to get them working.

3 comments:

  1. you doing good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your work. I`m using this tool on many games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best sit for that things...
    you help so mach that I don`t know how to thak you about that...

    sorry for my English

    ReplyDelete