Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

It'll be fun to see if this game can compete with the entertainment of Just Cause II from Square. This is rated "M" for a mature teen audience, Now let's find out how to get playing with a pad, this game will need the xbox 360 emulation patch in the following directory in order to work with logitech rumblepad 2 / dual action game pads.

Program Files\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\src\system\

copy the files of x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.0 :

x360ce.ini
xinput1_3.dll
XInputTest.exe

Dont forget, you need to set "Use Controller" in the setup.

Finally with a great pc, with the powerfull gfx card, you can enjoy this beyond anything a xbox 360 can push out. I'll be playing this one in the late nights for the next week.

Edit: note one big pain with Ubisoft's DRM protection, is that you need a constant internet connection, and this caused a bit of a problem for me, when my internet was down, and you just want to play. I'm not a big fan of this "online" solution, as many of people I know, don't have a internet connection. Suddenly they need one just to play games? It makes no sense. I do hope they find a better solution, don't think everyone are constantly connected, and online when and where they play games. It's a bit sad, I hear from many people that stay away from buying any software / games, that require being online. One of their arguments is that what if I play these games a few years from now, when for example the game provider exists no longer? Are the servers still there?

9 comments:

  1. I've got Trhustmaster's dual trigger 3 in 1. and I do what you say, but the buttons aren't mapped like it should be... A for example is 3 and B is 1. can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm with a Logitech Rumblepad too, but the buttons are messy! It doesn't work with the files, and I need to remap all via ini file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to configure the file x360ce properly, for example in my case the assignation of the right axis was wrong so I modified some values to fixed it
    Right Analog X=6
    Right Analog Y=-3
    And that works, basically you have to play with buttons and values testing and checking for the valid assignation in XInputTest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALright, already know that... but what seems to work on another games, doesn't work with SC! Already tried ALL configs and all, exiting and starting the game over and over all the times that I changed and save the INI files. Can you sand me your X360 ini file? flavio@h.o.t.m.a.i.l.c.o.m THANX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, actally is flavioventurini@h.o.t.m.a.i.l.c.o.m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having the same issues as others with this game. My mapping is set properly when testing with xinputtest.exe, but in game the mapping is all over the place. Anyone find a fix yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fixed! Watch this video and do the VID and PID part.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqt9z0oBWiI

    The notes say you can skip this part, but I did it and that's what fixed the controller mapping for me. Everything works perfectly.

    Also note that "Native=1" causes my controller to STOP working. So my settings are "FakeAPI=1" and "Native=0".

    Hope this helps you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. potete mettere il link x il download

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks this with an ordinary pad hehe..... thanks a bunch ,takia :)

    ReplyDelete